Three-year contract post
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
PROFESSOR (PERMANENT) AND NRF-DST SARCHI CHAIR IN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (THREE-YEAR CONTRACT) (ONE POST)
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Teaching Computer Science at undergraduate, Honours and Masters level and performing administration in the Department of Computer Science (20% of load);
- Producing high impact research output in artificial intelligence;
- Supervising postgraduate students;
- Mentoring young academics to build their careers as academics in the field of artificial intelligence;
- Managing the DST-NRF grant covering subvention, administration and technical staff salaries, funds for bursaries, equipment and travel.
CLOSING DATE: 16 February 2019
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
To apply, please visit the University’s website at [URL Disabled] and follow the link: Careers@UP
- A PhD-degree in Computer Science;
- Excellent academic status in Artificial Intelligence;
- A proven research and journal publications record;
- International recognition as a researcher;
- Experience in the successful graduation of PhD graduates;
- Experience in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
SARChI Chair in Artificial Intelligence:
- A full professor in Computer Science;
- Has a major impact in an area of artificial intelligence;
- Internationally recognised as a leader in the field;
- An outstanding record in successful supervision of postgraduate students;
- A high level of citations and h-index.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Teambuilding experience;
- International recognition;
- An exceptional research record;
- Experience in attracting external/international funding.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines
Powered by WPeMatico