Closing Date: 22 June 2018
COMPREHENSIVE AGRICULTURAL SUPPORT PROGRAMME (CASP) HAS INITIATED PROGRAMME OF PLACEMENT OF YOUNG UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES FOR ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS DEVELOPMENT IN AGRICULTURE WITHIN COMMERCIAL FARMS (120 POSTS) (2-YEAR CONTRACT – 2018/19 and 2019/20) (ALL DISTICTS)
INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (Ref: DRDAR 46/06/2018)
CENTRES – COMMERCIAL FARMS IN DISTRICTS
Directorate: Structured Agricultural Education and Training
Stipend: R87 000 per annum (all-inclusive)
Requirements: All young unemployed agricultural graduates with a SAQA recognised National Diploma in Agriculture for a period of 24 continuous months. Interested applicants should be agricultural graduates. The previous beneficiaries of internship / learnership and contract workers in government will not be considered. Those who are not interested to become entrepreneurs in Agriculture need not apply. Preference will be given to applicants from the Eastern Cape who will be willing to work and stay in the commercial farms as successful applicants will be placed in commercial farms that are currently existing throughout the province.
- All successful applicants will be mentored and guided by the commercial farmer
- Perform farm-work duties in relation to the commodity requirements to improve productivity in the commercial farm
- Be prepared to learn farming skills as guided by the commercial farmer
- Attend training relevant to farm commodity
- Gain farm management skills, business management skills and record keeping
- Learn business growth skills and acquire resource management skills and knowledge
- Be ready to be deployed to any section within the farm to gain more knowledge
- Attend and arrange meetings with strategic partners and other stakeholders such as market institution, supplier of production inputs / infrastructure and farmers
- Contribute positively to the success of the commercial farm
- Advocate honesty, integrity and professionalism at all times
- Work overtime as and when there is a need
- Write monthly, quarterly and annual report
Note: For CASP Internship preference will be given to unemployed graduates between the ages 18 and 35 years with qualifications from EC Agricultural Training Institutes –ATIs.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. NO FAXED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
How to Apply
Applications can be forwarded through one of the following options:
DEPARTMENT OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND AGRARIAN REFORM
Hand Delivery: Room 1103, 11th Floor, Dukumbana Building, Independence Avenue, Bhisho.
Post to: The Director: Corporate Services Advisory Support, Department of Rural Development and Agrarian Reform, Private Bag X0040, Bhisho, 5605. Enquiries: Mr K Javu 040 602 5144 or Ms K. Mngxekeza 040 602 5062.
Powered by WPeMatico