Closing Date: 30 September 2013
Applications for the 2014 HCI Foundation bursary are now open.
The HCI Foundation Bursary Programme provides ﬁnancial assistance to academically deserving and ﬁnancially needy undergraduate students in any ﬁeld of study and any year of study for a ﬁrst tertiary qualiﬁcation, or continuing students who enroll for Honours at a public University or University of Technology in South Africa.
HCI Foundation is the corporate social investment arm of HCI, a black empowerment investment company that has its origins in the Southern African Clothing and Textile Workers’ Union. Our primary concern is the upliftment of all people in South Africa so that all may share in an improved quality of life.
Although we strive to provide bursaries to as many as we can, not all will qualify. Please make sure you meet the minimum requirements that we have.
Do I Qualify for a Bursary?
A SOUTH AFRICAN CITIZEN OR A REFUGEE (WITH THE RIGHT TO LIVE, STUDY/WORK IN SOUTH AFRICA):
• Age 35 years or under as of 30 September 2013.
• Studying for a first tertiary qualification or
• Continuing students who enrol for Honours.
• Enrolled or intending to enrol in a full-time course of study.
• Above 50% average for Matric or end of year results ( Life Orientation is not considered).
• Studying at a University or University of technology registered with the Department of
• Education, or intending to make an application to study.
• With a gross family income of less than R20 000 per month.
Bursaries Given per Year:
We give around 950 bursaries per year.
How to Apply?
Go to www.hcifoundation.co.za to apply. Remember that ALL applicants need to SIGN UP – whether you have applied in previous years or are applying for the very first time…YOU NEED TO SIGN UP!
After you sign up a verification email will be sent to the email address you used (to sign up). Click on the link that says “Verify”. Once you have done so, you’ll be taken to a page where you can sign in and complete your application.
Contact HCI Foundation: