Closing date is on 28 November 2016.
The Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development will make available a limited number of bursaries to historically disadvantaged South Africans residing in the Gauteng Province and who are considering a career in the Agriculture, Veterinary Services and Environmental Sectors. These professions fall within scarce and critical occupational categories.
• BSc: Geo-Informatics or GIS-related qualification – Mathematics and Physical Science Level 5 (60-69)
• BSc: Agric Soil Science – Mathematics and Physical Science Level 5 (60-69)
• BSc: Atmospheric Sciences or related qualification – Mathematics, Chemistry and Physical Science Level 5 (60-69)
• National Diploma: Chemical Engineering – Mathematics, Chemistry and Physical Science Level 4 (50-59)
• National Diploma: Equine Science – Mathematics, Life Science and Physical Science Level 4 (50-59)
• National Diploma: Veterinary Technology – Mathematics and Physical Science Level 4 (50-59)
Within the framework of the Scarce Skills Talent Pipeline and Human Resource Recruitment Policy, the selection of candidates is based on the following criteria:
• Applicants must show proof of admission (provisional admission) to a higher educational institution for any of the above qualifications
• Applicants must have been a permanent resident in the Gauteng Province for at least one year prior to application
• Applicants must be studying or intending to study full time at a recognised institution of higher learning in Gauteng Province
• Preference will be given to those who excel academically and/or demonstrate potential
• Preference will be given to those who are not currently benefiting from any other bursary scheme
• Women, people with disabilities and people living in designated rural areas are encouraged to apply.
How to apply?
Application forms are obtainable from the reception area of Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Ground Floor, Diamond Building, 11 Diagonal Street or click HERE to download the form.
Applicants are required to forward their applications directly via post to: Human Resources Development, Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, PO Box 8769, Johannesburg 2000 or hand delivery to the above-mentioned address.
For further enquiries, please contact Mr Riaan Beukes at (011) 240-2607 or Mr Livhuwani Mutswana at (011) 240-2590.
Go HERE to view post