Company Name: CareerAnchor
Company Location: Cape Town
Application Closing Date: Friday, January 13, 2017
The position will fall in the Institutional team with a focus on the Africa ex-SA entities. This role is responsible for (but not limited to) the financial function of certain allocated Africa ex-SA entities to ensure these entities meet the team’s objective of providing meaningful and value-adding financial, management and regulatory reporting.
Reporting and Analysis
• Present monthly management reporting and annual audited accounts for specific Africa ex-SA entities including any related foundation entities.
• Prepare monthly reporting from cash books through to financial statements for each of the entities and provide the required reporting to management.
• Prepare and record payments to suppliers
• Record and manage cash, which includes ensuring sufficient funds are available for anticipated payments and any excess into call deposit accounts maintain fixed asset register
• Prepare monthly journal entries and required reconciliations
• Prepare various monthly management reports analysing client assets, income and expenses in each of the entities
Budgeting and Forecasting
• Set the annual budget for the Africa ex-SA entities.
• Monitor and report on monthly performance against the budget
• Assist with general matters across the team and entities where required
• Assist other institutional and overall Group team members where required
• Relevant Bachelors Degree in Accounting (Bcom, BAccSc, Bcompt)
• 3-5 years of relevant post-graduate work experience
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Ability to pay attention to detail and quickly detect errors
• Aptitude for numbers and routine work
• Capable of working unassisted and seeing tasks through to successful completion
• An inherent inclination to closely follow rules and procedures
• Deadline-driven and able to manage time effectively
• Fit easily into a young, energetic, hardworking, demanding and team orientated environment
• Good communication
• Focused and driven
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access)
REQUIRED TO APPLY
• Comprehensive CV
• Matric Certificate
• Tertiray transcripts/results
• Cover letter
Suitable for people with a disability
How to Apply?
Contact Person: Ruth Hartman
Send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org